BrightLine Group is seeking to hire an energy engineer or analyst with interest in energy efficiency, renewable energy, distributed energy resources, and sustainability. We’re looking for someone who wants to solve hard problems and is self-motivated to dig in. As a small and growing business, we need team members who are flexible and interested in contributing to the group in multiple and creative ways.
Full-time engineer or analyst for research and analysis in energy efficiency and sustainability. Primary responsibilities will be studying the performance of energy efficiency and renewable energy projects and programs and supporting utility companies in the plan and design of future energy efficiency, demand response and sustainability customer offerings. This position provides opportunities for independence, advancement and progressively increasing responsibility.
This position may require some in-state and out-of-state travel, depending on specific project needs.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Research energy consumption and efficiency from multiple perspectives from end use equipment- to grid-level impacts.
- Use engineering techniques such as equipment energy performance modeling, building simulation software, on-site data observations, metering, and technical interviews.
- Assess energy, demand, and emissions impacts for projects and programs.
- Communicate findings internally and externally through written reports and presentations.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- One to three years of professional or internship work experience with a bachelors degree in a relevant scientific or engineering study.
- Strong interest in energy efficiency, building science, renewable energy, and sustainability.
- Excellent written, computer and oral communication skills.
- Alignment with our team’s core values.
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Energy management, energy audit and/or measurement & verification experience.
- Quantitative and analytical experience, including programming experience in Python, R, or other modern programming language.
- Experience utilizing applied statistics, regression analysis, and statistical sampling.
- Experience with distributed energy resources, electric vehicles, and energy storage.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
BrightLine provides its employees a professional, collaborative, and family-friendly work environment. We provide options for flexible schedules and working remotely. We offer a competitive salary, a health insurance reimbursement plan, performance-based bonus, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. BrightLine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary range: $60,000 – $75,000
In our Raymond, MS office.