MARKET RESEARCH ANALYST
BrightLine Group is seeking to hire a market research analyst with interest in energy efficiency, renewable energy, distributed energy resources, and sustainability. We’re looking for someone who wants to solve hard problems and is motivated to dig in. As a small and growing business, we need team members who are flexible and interested in contributing to the group in multiple and creative ways.
Full-time market research analyst for research and analysis in energy efficiency and sustainability. Primary responsibilities will be developing survey instruments, implementing surveys, and analyzing results to develop findings and recommendations regarding energy efficiency program processes. Responsibilities will also include supporting utility companies in the plan and design of future energy efficiency, demand response and sustainability customer offerings. This position provides opportunities for independence, advancement, and progressively increasing responsibility.
This position may require some in-state and out-of-state travel, depending on specific project needs.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Market research on energy efficiency technologies, practices, programs, and customer behavior.
- Survey development and implementation regarding customer behavior towards energy efficiency practices and market transformation.
- Data analysis using analytical techniques to assess energy and greenhouse gas (GHG) savings related to energy efficiency and sustainability activities.
- Support market characterization studies and cost-effectiveness analysis through market research
- Communicate findings internally and externally through written reports and presentations.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Four plus years of professional work experience with a bachelors or masters degree in relevant market research or scientific study area.
- Experience developing survey and in-depth interview instruments targeted toward understanding customer behaviors around energy efficiency.
- Ability to analyze and report the results of data collection activities using a variety of tools and platforms.
- Understanding of and experience in the areas of energy efficiency consulting, demand side management, renewable energy, and sustainability.
- Excellent written, computer and oral communication skills.
- Alignment with our team’s core values.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
BrightLine provides its employees a professional, collaborative, and family-friendly work environment. We provide options for flexible schedules and working remotely. We offer a competitive salary, a health insurance reimbursement plan, performance-based bonus, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. BrightLine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary range: $70,000 – $100,000
In our Boulder, CO office.