BrightLine Group is seeking to hire an experienced part-time bookkeeper. We’re looking for someone who is motivated, self-directed, and interested in helping our company run smoothly and efficiently. As a small and growing business, we need team members who are flexible and interested in contributing to the group in multiple and creative ways.
Part-time bookkeeper whose primary responsibilities include handling complex accounts receivable and accounts payable duties, as well as supporting accounting and finance functions and established business workflows for a small business. Work closely with executive leadership and accounting and finance team to complete duties with professionalism, accuracy, and timeliness.
This position will be onsite in our downtown Boulder office, though there is some flexibility to work-from-home on occasion.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage and process vendor invoices, including system entry, approvals, refunds, and recording corresponding payments.
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts.
- Manage employee expenses reporting and reimbursement process.
- Create client invoices, record corresponding payments and address late payments.
- Perform data entry in ERP software system and Excel.
- Resolve vendor or client queries promptly.
- Complete other accounting and bookkeeping tasks as required.
- Maintain accounting filing system and complete administrative tasks as needed.
- Provide audit support as needed.
- Perform other related job duties as needed, especially as company grows.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Two or more years of bookkeeping or accounting experience.
- Understand proper accounting and bookkeeping workflow and GAAP.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel, and cloud-based platforms.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all team members as well as work independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Alignment with our team’s core values.
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates or bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with ERP software systems, preferably Unanet or Deltek.
- Ability to learn new software quickly and technical know-how to experiment with software, its add-ons and new tools.
- Experience in a small business with multi-state client engagements.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
BrightLine offers a competitive salary and a professional, collaborative, and family-friendly work environment. We provide options for flexible schedules and working remotely. BrightLine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary range: $22 – $26 an hour
Part-time, 10-15 hours per week, with potential for more hours as we grow
BrightLine Group is a woman-owned consulting team based in Colorado and Mississippi with a strong expertise in energy efficiency and utility administered customer programs. We bring a positive and collaborative spirit along with a dedicated work ethic to provide technical solutions and a clear direction forward for our clients.