Senior Energy Engineer or Analyst
BrightLine Group is seeking to hire a senior engineer or analyst with interest in energy efficiency, renewable energy, distributed energy resources, and sustainability. We’re looking for someone who wants to solve hard problems and is motivated to dig in. As a small and growing business, we need team members who are flexible and interested in contributing to the group in multiple and creative ways.
Full-time senior analyst/engineer for research and analysis in energy efficiency and sustainability. Primary responsibilities will be studying the performance of energy efficiency and renewable energy projects and programs and supporting utility companies in the plan and design of future energy efficiency, demand response and sustainability customer offerings. This position provides opportunities for independence, advancement and progressively increasing responsibility.
This position may require some in-state and out-of-state travel, depending on specific project needs.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Market research on energy efficiency technologies, practices, programs, and customer behavior.
- Survey development and implementation regarding customer behavior towards energy efficiency practices and market transformation.
- Data analysis using engineering and analytical techniques to assess energy and greenhouse gas (GHG) savings related to energy efficiency and sustainability activities.
- Project management, including client relations and project execution and budgeting.
- Utilize engineering techniques such as equipment energy performance modeling, building simulation software, on-site data observations, interviews and metering.
- Lead and support market characterization studies and cost-effectiveness analysis through software tools and data collection that identify potential energy efficiency opportunities.
- Provide oversight, training, and quality control for junior-level staff.
- Communicate findings internally and externally through written reports and presentations.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Five plus years of professional work experience with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in relevant engineering, statistics, market research or scientific study area.
- Strong data analysis skills, ability to analyze and report on large data sets using a variety of tools and platforms.
- Understanding of energy efficiency, building science, renewable energy, and sustainability.
- Energy audit and/or measurement & verification experience.
- Experience with energy efficiency consulting, utility-administered demand side management programs, building science, renewable energy, and sustainability.
- Excellent written, computer and oral communication skills.
- Alignment with our team’s core values.
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Quantitative and analytical experience, including programming experience in Python, R, or other modern programming language.
- Experience utilizing applied statistics, regression analysis, and statistical sampling.
- Experience with distributed energy resources, electric vehicles, and energy storage.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
BrightLine provides its employees a professional, collaborative, and family-friendly work environment. We provide options for flexible schedules and working remotely. We offer a competitive salary, a health insurance reimbursement plan, performance-based bonus, paid time off, maternity and paternity leave, and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. BrightLine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary range: $85,000 – $100,000
In our Boulder, CO or Raymond, MS offices.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Lynn Roy at email@example.com.