SENIOR ENERGY ENGINEER
BrightLine Group is seeking to hire a senior engineer with experience in energy efficiency, renewable energy, distributed energy resources, and sustainability. We’re looking for someone who wants to apply their technical abilities to solve hard problems and is motivated to dig in. As a small and growing business, we need team members who are flexible and interested in contributing to the group in multiple and creative ways.
Full-time senior engineer for research and analysis in energy efficiency and sustainability. Primary responsibilities will be studying the performance of energy efficiency and renewable energy projects and programs and supporting utility companies in the planning and design of future energy efficiency, demand response and sustainability customer offerings. This position provides opportunities for independence, advancement and progressively increasing responsibility.
This position will be fully remote, but candidates must be located in the state of New Jersey and eligible to work in the United States as a U.S Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizen. Some in-state and out-of-state travel may be required, depending on specific project needs.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Research energy consumption and energy efficiency at multiple levels, from end use equipment to grid-level impacts.
- Data analysis using engineering and analytical techniques to assess energy and greenhouse gas (GHG) savings related to energy efficiency and sustainability activities.
- Project management, including client relations, project execution, and budgeting.
- Utilize engineering techniques such as equipment energy performance modeling, building simulation software, on-site data observations, interviews and metering.
- Lead and support market characterization studies and cost-effectiveness analysis through software tools and data collection that identify potential energy efficiency opportunities.
- Provide oversight, training, and quality control for junior-level staff
- Communicate findings internally and externally through written reports and presentations.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Five or more years of professional work experience with a bachelors or masters degree in relevant engineering, statistics, market research or scientific study area.
- Experience with energy efficiency consulting, utility-administered demand side management programs, renewable energy, and sustainability.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Energy audit and/or measurement and verification experience in commercial buildings, with advanced understanding of building energy systems.
- Excellent written, computer and oral communication skills.
- Alignment with our team’s core values.
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- CEM certification or similar
- Quantitative and analytical experience, including programming experience in Python, R, or other modern programming language
- Experience utilizing applied statistics, regression analysis, and statistical sampling
- Experience with distributed energy resources, electric vehicles, and energy storage
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
BrightLine provides its employees a professional, collaborative, and family-friendly work environment. We provide options for flexible schedules and working remotely. We offer a competitive salary, a health insurance reimbursement plan, performance-based bonus, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. BrightLine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary range: $80,000 – $105,000
This is a remote position, but candidate must be located in New Jersey